Monday, March 18, 2013

Reason for This Blog

This blog is meant, mostly, for teens, who have been brought up in Christian homes. I have found a lack of Godly pursuit in my generation, which I have been guilty of as well, and I want to help stop our foolishness, which is our sin. I find that media, in this age, has been making sin seem not harmful. I also believe that many teens my age are too concerned with unhealthy boy/girl relationships. This blog’s purpose is to discuss what is wrong and what is right, to help both me and others in my situation, and to fight against fallacies that our society has made us believe. For all of my posts, if you have any questions or disagreements, please comment and discuss it with me.
I hope this shows clearly what the purpose of the blog is.
-Bard

7 comments:

  1. What is wrong with a guy/girl relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I meant unhealthy boy/girl relationships. Relationships were they're aim is not to glorify God, but to feel good or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what would a relationship with a girl that glorifies God look like?

      Delete
    2. Well, this is a very deep topic, but I will try my best to answer it. The relationships I have seen have been made to make either the boy or girl feel either good, or just to be ablr to say that they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think a relationship that glorifies God would look like both of them following God, incorporate God into their relationship, and try to follow His will rather than the boy or girl's will. Does that help?

      Delete
    3. kinda, I guess so. It is just the following God together part seems a little abstract, could you give me some examples of what that would look like, or maybe some scripture?

      Delete
    4. “‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Deuteronomy 5:16. Well you have to see if you are honoring both God and your parents. Following God together would look like, in my opinion, finding out why you started that relationship and where it is headed. Also, see if you were following God before that relationship and if you were following Him during that relationship. Also see if you are doing as Deuteronomy 5:6 says,"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." Philippians 2 is really good too. "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." This verses are really good. If you need help in why I think they are good, please ask. I hope this helps.

      Delete
    5. I had a lot of "also"s so please forgive me.

      Delete