Awareness in friendship. This idea has been lost in modern friendships over the centuries. When Christ came he brought this idea back to normal everyday lives. Numerous times throughout the Bible, He saw situations which needed his help. He freely gave His help to anyone who humbly and honestly ask for it. He loved everyone, the poor, the rich, the lawless, even those who hated Him. Christ didn’t see what he could take, but what he could give. He died for everyone, so we could love our friends in the same way. Sadly, most of today’s popular artists, like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, write songs about pleasing themselves. They don’t ask themselves what they can do for their friends, but what their friends can do for them. With all their songs like “Baby” and “Telephone” it’s all about them. Listen to the lyrics “I wanna play it cool”, “Baby fix me”, “I just can't believe, my first love won't be around” never once does he ask himself what he can do for her, but what she could for him. Now for Lady Gaga’s lyrics “Just a second, it's my favorite song they're gonna play. And I cannot text you with a drink in my hand”, “I don't wanna think anymore. I left my head and my heart on the dance floor”, and “Not that I don't like you, I'm just at a party. And I am sick and tired of my phone ringing” all of these are how it doesn’t matter about him, but her. “Not that I don’t like you, I’m just at party”. Seriously? Your friend is calling you and what does she say? I don’t want to answer, because I’m too busy having fun. What if the person calling was in a car crash? Would she say “Oh, I don’t care. I didn’t like him anyway.”Apparently it’s not about anyone else. This society is making friendship more like idolatry. It is now trying to make someone the king and everyone else the subjects. I propose we stop this absurdity. Friends are meant for you to lean on, but also for them to lean on you. What can you do for them? May God bless us.
Jonathon, this is great and very thought provoking! I look forward to reading more of your posts on important things (and maybe even soccer!)
ReplyDeleteGood stuff jonathan, thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteHey guys. If you disagree with anything I said, or have questions, please comment on this.
ReplyDelete